Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Some Patchwork a Pillowcase and a Pack

I love patchwork. It has always been a sign to me of someones hard work and patience. A sign that someone took the time to make something intricate; sometimes basic, sometimes elaborate, always lovely. When my son was 5, I started a sack for him; a hand sewn patchwork rainbow that I knew he would love. But as sometimes happens, life became crazy and I lost track of this sweet little crafting project. I found it when he was 6 and swore it would be finished but again it got lost (this time to moving and packing) before I could be done with its creation. Now, though, there is much peace in my world and I have found this sweet little project, a gift of the heart intended for so long ago (ok 2 years but in kid time that's forever!). And so to finish this project today is my task. And it is one I truly look forward to doing.
 The shell of the bag...love these rainbow colors!
 The flap of the bag.
 The pillowcase that will soon be the lining of the bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment