Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cheap and Easy Headbands - Semi Tutorial

Hello, this is Marie again from Natural Mama.

I wanted to share this easy headband that I made for my daughter the other day.
They are so simple to make that I did not take a lot of pictures showing the process, just a before and after.
Basically I just grabbed an already existing head band (from the dollar store), a few buttons that I had at home that matched the color of the headband almost exactly. I love those serendipitous moments! And sewed them onto the head band in a row, hoping it would look cute.


I doubled up some of the smaller buttons, and grabbed different sizes and shapes to make a good contrast from the bigger, fabric covered button. 
Here is the result, the only picture I could get of it on the little one, since she absolutely hates anything on her head and I was only able to put that head band on her while she was sleeping... It can be so frustrating when I want to make a bunch of cute hair things for her and have to reign myself in, knowing they'll never get worn!


So cheap and easy, and you can customize them to fit any outfit! All you need to know is how to sew on a button!
Here is a great video if you need to learn exactly how to do that.

Thank you so much for having me this week, I hope you had a good time, but I know we are all waiting impatiently for Ruth to be back with her beautiful pictures and wonderful words!

No comments:

Post a Comment