Monday, December 5, 2011

the little things








In the hustle and bustle of these days, it is easy to lose sight. It is easy to let the stresses out number the greatness of love and life and days spent together. It is at these points where I count my blessings and remember to look at the little things in life that bring me so much joy.

Gratitude is a constant lesson I am learning. Be grateful not because you are popular, not because every wish has been granted or because your house is huge. Be thrilled when you rise in the morning knowing that you have been gifted another day. Be tickled pink when your kids demand your attention as they perform their latest new dance or explain their latest creation; this won't always be the case and one day you might be begging to see what they no longer care to share. Embrace the dirty house that has let you have an extra hour to craft, play, or relax. And do not allow yourself to feel guilty that the dishes are not clean they will be there when you are ready to do them. Love these days filled with so many little glorious things filling them to overflowing. As for me, I can think of no better way to spend my days!

No comments:

Post a Comment