Saturday, December 10, 2011

Art and Children



 Bodhi and mom art
 Bodhi and dad art
 Playing around with woodland creature designs
 Loki car sewing project
Loki's pillow in progress

I am a believer that within each and every one of us there lies an artist. A wonderful creative dreamer who sees the world through rainbow filters and sparkled dreams. As adults sometimes this artist gets moved aside and forgotten. Sometimes we need to reach inside, grab this artist by the hand, and welcome them into the world again. Within children, this artist sits at the fore. It hangs out and creates all day every day because that is one of the many joys that children have in life; the joy of uninhibited creating! I love the art my children create. Its simplicity and complexity. Its abandon and freedom. We try as often as possible to sit and create with the kids. I like to introduce them to all of the many ways you can craft and make beautiful things and watch them take flight. They love sewing, crocheting (or just playing with yarn), cut and pasting, crafting with nature, and hunting down bits of nature to create with. Paints, crayons, markers, pencils, clay...it is all a wonderland for them. It is all a wonderland for me too! Crafting and creating is one of my favorite activities to do with my children With the youngest of our brood now discovering painting and crayons and his new favorite word being, "draw", I know that we are about to be gifted with a lot more new and beautiful munchkin art. Truly exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment