Saturday, October 15, 2011

The F.R.I.E.N.D.S Swap at a Close

So it is with a fond adieu that I finish my last project and say good bye to the friend swap items. As I speak, they are making their way to my swap partner Paula who I hope will enjoy everything and have a use for them. I am giving you all a sneak peek of the "gifts" that were made for Paula.

(this is Iya Madrone Berry a gorgeous local mom who did an impromptu modeling shoot for me at the park during a play date with my friends son. Thank you Iya!!!!!)
Crocheted Necklace with Flower
 Sunburst Slouchy Beret
(You can see the purple button clasp on the necklace in this shot)

 (Close up of the Upcycled Stripey Flower Bracelet made from a thick hanger and striped pajama material)
 Embroidered Antique Handkerchief
Here are the three swap items I did not create...Kitty Fat Quarters, 3 Recycled Paper Notebooks (for project notes), and Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranate Seeds

It was a challenge to figure out crafts that coincided with the letters of the word friends that also fit within the area of crafts and other thigs that my partner liked but I must say I think I did a pretty nice job.

Let me know what you think. Have any of you ever done a craft swap (this was my first)? What did you like about them and what would you change? I'm thinking about doing a fun one and I would love the input!

No comments:

Post a Comment